Sunday, January 30, 2011

Aramco Houston Half Marathon


Well, I finished my first half marathon, 13.1 of running complete!

Before the race, Lea, my friend from high school, and I met up. She also is a marathoner and currently training for a triathalon! She's super woman! She also has the cutest two little boys, that are best buds with Gregory. I'm so happy we were able to find each other, as the race had 22,000 registered runners for just the half and full marathons! We actually ended up running together for a while, until the speed demon in her kicked in, and she left me in the dust!


My friend, Jen, and her family, decided to brave the rain to come watch. Although we never spotted each other on the course, they were glad they came. Watching this race is so inspiring!


After I collected my finishers shirt and medal, I met them all in the reunion area.

The world's best husband, who let me go on long runs on Saturday mornings and let me take a nap later in the day after particularly long runs. As anyone training can tell you, the whole family trains with you.

My friend, Jen, my standing Friday morning coffee date, and the mother of Gregory's best past, Dylan. I was so happy to see her. Running and knowing she was there was so awesome.


Afterwards, our kids decided to tailgate in the back of the Stokes' van, with their DS games, of course. Even after an early morning, in the rain, walking all over, they still whined when we had to leave them.
I'm going to eventually blog about my half. I want to put down into words the way I felt about the whole 6 months of training, and the race itself. It's been quite a moving transformation for me personally, and I'm still sorting my feelings on the whole thing!
One thing is for sure, this was not my last half!

1 comment: