Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gregory's first day of SPARK


Yesterday was Gregory's first day of Spark. It's a preschool program, provided by our school district. I had never heard of this program before this year, but I'm now thankful we've found it. The lesson was focusing on starting school, with a couple of books about school and a craft.

The morning began with the first part of the craft, water colors! Gregory really liked painting the school house. He painted the whole thing a very artistic shade of black!


They then took a break for circle time, which included songs and stories. Gregory wasn't too thrilled, and of course, I couldn't understand why my usually social boy was suddenly unsocial. I told myself it was a new place, too many people, difficult for him to transition, etc. He later told me that he really wanted to play in the kitchen. One day I'll learn to read the three year old mind!



Then it was back to the table for cutting out the school house and pasting it to a sheet of construction paper. On the back, he practiced writing his name.


Here is a picture of Gregory with one of the teachers, Mrs. Gregory!


Gregory's artwork is hanging proudly in the kitchen, and he said he loved school and wanted to go back today. I hope that means that he'll love our next scheduled class on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. We did the SPARK program with Kaiden last year and LOVED it! We will be doing it again when Zachary gets old enough.

    ReplyDelete